It is often easy to think of things that bum you out. These blogs become a place to vent all our frustration. I know I’ve done it. Today, I’ve got happy thoughts running through my mind and I want to document them.
1. I’ve lost almost 9 pounds in 11 days. Scott and I have been doing weight watchers since the Monday after Thankgiving, and it’s going great. We’ve set reasonable goals with Christmas in mind, and are both really sticking with it.
2. I have not had to change a Timothy diaper / pullup in a week. We started really working on the potty training thing the Monday after Thanksgiving and he’s doing great. At home, he wears big boy underwear and he’s had three accident-free days. The last couple days I haven’t even had to remind him when it’s “potty time.” When we go out or when it’s sleep time, he’s wearing pullups and is keeping them clean / dry too! I think it may be time to venture out in big boy pants!
3. Zachary is such a happy little boy. He has his moments of sadness, but is generally very happy. For example, he is currently standing over by the coffee table and throwing the stuffed Santa Claus dolls on the floor. He looked over at me, saw me watching him, said “Uh ah Oh,” and grinned in delight.
4. Emily is growing into such a smart, beautiful, funny, and sweet little girl. Last night during bedtime prayers, she prayed that all the people who don’t have very much stuff will get more stuff. She loves her brothers dearly and is so much help. She’s really done a great job helping me keep the house tidy so we don’t have much work to do for the birthday party.
5. I am married to a wonderful man who has enough confidence in himself to try to fix something before calling the repairman. Yesterday, he replaced a washer in a leaky faucet. Unfortunately, the washer we got at Wal-Mart is not quite the same as the one in the faucet before so it’s still leaking very slowly. Yet, he’s not giving up. He’s going to find the right washer and get it done. He works so hard at work and at home. He’s taken the kitchen cleaning on as his responsibility, and he’s doing so great. It is so much easier to prepare meals at home when the kitchen is clean.
6. My children have a wonderful group of grandparents, great-grandparents, great-aunts & uncles, aunts & uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins …. This is a great family to be part of!
7. We are members of a wonderful church and a fantastic Sunday School class. We have made some wonderful friends that can always make me smile.
8. The house is clean. The only thing we’ll need to do to be ready for the party tomorrow is get the HUGE pile of laundry put away, clean the hall bathroom, and run the vacuum. It’s so nice to be able to walk through the house without tripping over toys, dirty clothes, sippy cups, and trash…
9. Though it’s kind of yucky, I am so happy to keep finding dead mice. Plainview, especially our neighborhood, has had a pretty major mouse problem this year. We figure we’ve caught 20 since May. We finally put some poison in some discreet places away from curious fingers and it seems to be working.
What makes you happy?