This week is Spring Break for Wayland as well as the Plainview ISD. We’ve shipped the two older kids off to Granbury (to stay with Lori’s parents). Both Lori and I have a number of projects around the house we wanted to accomplish. By getting the kids out of our hair for a few days, we think we’ll be able to accomplish them. We are both missing our kids; it’s very hard to be away from them for so long. Nevertheless, we are getting a good deal of work done with only Zachary around. Here’s my list of goals for the week:
- Fence Repair: (DONE) Repair damage to sections of fence where the posts have rotted and are loose from the ground.
- Clean out garage: (In Process) Clean up all the junk in the garage. Build the shelves I bought several months ago and organize storage in the garage.
- Fix garage door: (DONE) Repair the broken door knob on the garage door.
- Fix bathroom cabinet: Repair the cabinet in the bathroom where I tore it up trying to fix a leak
- Refinish coffee table: Sand down, stain and coat with polyurethane
- Yard Work: Clean up the back yard, begin watering yard and getting it ready for spring. Trim bushes. Rake all remaining leaves.
I will post some pictures of the completed work over the next couple of days.